Residential Fire Damage Repair
Nothing quite scars a home and a family like a fire. The fire and smoke alone is enough to traumatize anyone and anything, but all the water damage that results from the firemen doing their job just heaps more abuse onto your home and belongings.
After a fire, it is heartbreaking sorting through the ruin of what was once your most treasured property. On top of that, residual damage from a fire leaves dangerous soot and airborne contaminants that can affect your quality of life for months after the disaster. It’s for this reason you need a trained fire restoration service like Service Squad. We realize that the fire its self was already traumatic, and now the smoke damage and cleanup is preventing you from getting your life back to normal. Our service is here to get rid of the damage, clean the air and soot and help return your life back to normal.
Fire Restoration Cleanup
Here at Service Squad, our licensed professionals work to help you sort through it all. We know how distressing it is to see all of your valuables exposed to the elements. Since you already have enough to think about, Service Squad will arrive on the scene and help you sort through what is salvageable and what is not. Whatever is not salvageable, we will haul it way. What’s left, our technicians will help to clean, deodorize, and remove any stains. In the end, customers are always surprised what we can keep and make usable again.
It may be tempting to begin the work on your own; however, without the proper equipment and experience, it could be extremely dangerous. According to heath.ny.gov / NASA.gov, “The smoke released by any type of fire (forest, brush, crop, structure, tires, waste or wood burning) is a mixture of particles and chemicals produced by incomplete burning of carbon-containing materials. All smoke contains carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide and particulate matter (PM or soot). Smoke can contain many different chemicals, including aldehydes, acid gases, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), benzene, toluene, styrene, metals, and dioxins. The type and amount of particles and chemicals in smoke varies depending on what is burning, how much oxygen is available, and the burn temperature.”
According to an article on Patch.com, Trying to clean smoke and soot on your own, may result in more destruction and loss of valuables. In addition, DYIers tend to overlook areas such as air ducts and vents.” It should also be noted apart from the potential airborne damages, fires leave structural destruction that can leave broken boards with nails and sharp shards. Cuts in a disaster zone could lead to Tetanus or bacterial infections. Appliances and cords can be damaged in fires, accidental contact can lead to shocking, and the possibility of additional fires. In addition, not knowing where to walk, what to clean, or what to throw away can lead to long term damage to your health, home, and property. Using a fire damage cleaning company can give you peace of mind, and help to ensure that you save move in the long run.
Fire damage restoration services understand that fire damage cleanup includes a number of different things including water damage, smoke odor, soot damage, sorting, air duct contamination, structural home damage, and contaminant disposal.
During the Fire Restoration Process
- Before and during the cleanup process, the customer should limit exposure to the disaster scene to avoid health problems, and further damage to property until the damaged area is safely secured.
- Once secured, we work with you to help save your personal belongings. We will take time to educate you on what can be kept thrown away.
- You can further expect that we will further sort items that need specialized cleaning and washing, this includes removing soot from household plants.
- During the restoration process, our team will be intentional in our movement and cleaning actions to limit the spread of soot and cause additional destruction.
- As a qualified fire restoration service will remove soot from infected areas including hard-to-reach places and air ducts, also replacing HVAC filters.
- While working, you can expect that we will section rooms off to avoid cross-contamination.
- Our team will be thorough in our cleanup but will handle with care your property, with the intention to restore things back to the way they were, if possible.
- We work with insurance companies so that we can repair the fire and smoke damage to your home.
*It should be noted that part of the fire damage restoration process is smoke damage restoration, which includes odor removal. The goal of a fire damage restoration company is to bring your property back to a pre fire condition.
In the end, our goal at Service Squad is to return all of your contents back to the way they were before the fire. Having the fire damaged area cleaned up and looking and smelling just like it did before! We are in the service of helping you put your home back together again. Call Service Squad 24/7 for our help!