Emergency Water Damage Restoration Service Areas
Houston | Pearland | Rosenberg | Stafford | Sugar Land | Katy | Richmond | Rosenberg | Pasadena | Baytown | Galveston | Spring | The Woodlands | Needville | Angleton
Why Avoid Do It Your Self Water Damage Cleanup (DIY)
Since water damage can be so dangerous, calling an experienced water damage restoration company like Service Squad is vital for water removal. It’s imperative to take immediate action to prevent further damage because mold and bacteria can grow after 24 to 48 hours. On top of that, there are hidden dangers you may not even think about. Here is a list of reasons why NOT to do it yourself.
- A service like ours has the professional tools to get the job done right the first time. These state of the art tools help us get into the hard to reach places. As professionals, we also know where to look and how to properly position and use the tools.
- You may be tempted to try to do the job the first time by yourself by purchasing cheap department store cleanup equipment or even renting professional water restoration tools. However, not knowing how to properly use the equipment or products can lead to trouble: at best you will waste your money; at worst it may cause damage to your property or health.
- Emergency Damage Specialists have and know how to use commercial cleaning supplies to neutralize harmful contaminants. Since water is an electrical conduit, using electricity in flood damage conditions can be dangerous. Our experts are trained to work in flood conditions and know how to deal with every situation.
- Murky water makes a hazardous work environment. Not only do you have to deal with the airborne contaminants in the water, but it becomes easy to slip and fall or step on a sharp item that opens up wounds with contaminated water causing disease and infections.
- Since everything is heavier when wet, it’s easy to get hurt moving things in the cleanup process. We do the heavy lifting for you.
- Water damage can instantly turn your house into a disaster area. Trying to utilize things you use on a daily basis like your ceiling fan or appliances can be dangerous. Calling a water restoration expert first to safely secure your house or can eliminate risks.
- We will work with you to help you know what you can safely keep and help you restore what is possible.
- Water extraction is time-consuming. We clean the affected areas, position and reposition air movers to dry the carpet and pads.
- As part of the restoration process, our professionals know how to in many cases shut-off the water source that is causing the water emergency.
- We work with your insurance company to make a water damage claim easier to work though.
If you would prefer to do it yourself we do offer our water damage restoration equipment for rent.